So I’m up at the crack of dawn on a cool fall day. Hungry but lazy. What’s a girl to do that won’t derail her nutritional path? So I open the refrigerator.
Hmmm, leftover quinoa, a peach…INSPIRATION!
Here’s what you need for your quinoa bowl:
- ½-⅔ cup leftover cooked quinoa
- 1 average peach cut in chunks
- ⅛ cup uncooked oatmeal
- Real maple syrup
Here’s what you do:
- Put quinoa in the bottom of a glass bowl.
- Top with peaches, then oatmeal.
- Sprinkle with Cinnamon and nutmeg to taste.
- Drizzle with real maple syrup or NATURAL sweetener of your choice. But just a drizzle! Mmmmmmm.
- Microwave 1 ½ to 2 minutes to get the chill off. Use a stovetop pan if you like. (I was feeling lazy, remember?)
I can already see variations with apple on the horizon. I will probably precook quinoa and freeze it in the right portions so I can do this when the mood strikes, not just when quinoa is left over.